Girl, 6, dies after getting tangled in window cords

A six-year-old girl died after she became entangled in a window cord at her family’s Suitland home Saturday, according to Prince George’s County Fire Department.Prince George's County fire

The girl was found unconscious by a relative shortly after noon at a home in the 6700 block of Larkspur Road, according spokesman Mark Brady. A family member performed CPR until medics arrived and took over resuscitation efforts.

The girl, whose identity has not been released, was taken to a hospital where she died.

The incident is being investigated by the Prince George’s County Police.

Prince George’s County fire officials issued a reminder to families to keep cords out of reach of children.

• Keep cords and strings, including those attached to window blinds, out of your child’s reach. Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords.

• If you live in an apartment building or home where you are not allowed to replace your window coverings, follow basic window cord safety rules and order free retrofit kits from the Window Covering Safety Council at www.windowcoverings.org.

Advertisements

Comments

  1. Reblogged this on Brittius.com.

Leave a Reply - We reserve the right to remove hate speech. Use your big-people words.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: